Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A lemony afternoon






Did a lemon New York cheesecake on one weekend afternoon. However the texture turned out to be abit runny inside but to be honest the taste was quite great and it was what I wanted. It's really easy to make since I'm a really newbie in cake making and this is my first time making a cake myself. 
The ingredients I used:
900gram cream cheese
3 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk
1 1/4 cup of sugar
3 tbs lemon juice 
2 tbs lemon zest
2 tbs cornstarch
Crust base:
 1 cup of any oat / digestive biscuit
1/2 cup of butter 

Bake the base at 200degree for 15 min and then put the cheese on it. Bake it together for another 40 min at 200degree and then change to 100degree for 30 min. Leave the cake in the hour for an hour and put it into the fridge for at least 5 hours. 
It's best that the top of the cake is slightly brownish in colour.
Happy baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment